Author Topic: How do I prevent spam from occuring on my site from my contact us page.  (Read 23950 times)

Offline jyaniv

I have had some contact us forms and i noticed i get a lot of spam from them.. how can i stop the spam from occuring

thanks

Offline Xeis

Doteasy has spam and email virus protection service. one of my accounts recently got randomly selected for the free trial of this service. its been working great so far!! i like the abilitiy to customize and filter any email messages. i will definatley renew it on the paid service.

Offline jyaniv

Yes, but the form goes to my hotmail account, not my doteasy mail account so that service wont affect.

Offline iriscai

Instead of typing out the full email address on your website, maybe try something like this:

yourname[*at*]hotmail[*dot*]com

Below, write a brief explanation to tell your readers replacing [*at*] and [*dot*] with @ and . when sending email.

Offline Hilarium

• Hosting Package: unlimited
Instead of typing out the full email address on your website, maybe try something like this:

yourname[*at*]hotmail[*dot*]com

Below, write a brief explanation to tell your readers replacing [*at*] and [*dot*] with @ and . when sending email.

his form may not actually have the email address shown though.. so maybe there are those spam bots that spam the contact us form.

Offline jack_olero

use a captcha verification

it doesnt eliminate all spam, but does a good job in reducing the spam keeping it to a minimum

Offline Managespaces

• Managespaces-Warehousing Consultants
use captcha verification..