Author Topic: New DroidX will not connect to Doteasy email account  (Read 14941 times)

Offline islandaqua

New DroidX will not connect to Doteasy email account
« on: December 28, 2010, 06:48:22 AM »
Is anyone else having the same issues I am with their DroidX not being able to pull mail in from their Doteasy POP3 email account?

I have four working POP3 accounts with another ISP host, a gmail account, an AOL IMAP account, and corporate active synch account working fine on the DroidX.

My doteasy account let's me send email from the Droid, but is not allowed to receive mail.  I have deleted and installed the account several times, and have opened support tickets with Doteasy only to be told to download a 10MB third party K-9 email application that does not support active synch.

The instructions Doteasy sends to add an account are for setting up an application like Outlook that requires far more input than the Droid which only has two checkboxes once you load in the server info, email address and password.

I'm using Port 110 as instruction for the incoming email,  mail.islandaquatics.com as the server, sales@islandaquatics.com for the email address, the password and then I am NOT checking USE SECURE CONNECTION nor am I checking VERIFY CERTIFICATE.  Althogh I have tried every combination of those checkboxes nothing works.

Is there any other choice of Ports than 110 that I might try?

Thanks,

Offline info@fusiondomain.com

Re: New DroidX will not connect to Doteasy email account
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 07:11:18 PM »
Same problem here.

I have other gmail and pop mail on the Droid X and only the doteasy email account have problem connecting.

Is it Verizon or doteasy?

Offline keenco

• Hosting Package: Unlimited Hosting
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »
I had the same problem before too...

I've been looking around for help and it appears this is actually a common problem with Droidx and POP email accounts.

The solution I found was to use another email apps - K9 Mail. This app can be download from the Marketplace.

Offline DoteasyCS-AL

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
As keenco mentioned, you will need to use K-9 application to get your Doteasy email running for droid phones.
http://www.androidtapp.com/k9-mail/

If you need help with the setup, you can contact us for further assistance.
http://www.doteasy.com/ContactUs/