Author Topic: Domain just expired from other registry, I want it~!!  (Read 9506 times)

Offline lalamax

• Hosting Package: Basic
Domain just expired from other registry, I want it~!!
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:11:28 PM »
I would like to register a domain name with you, according to WhoIs this domain expired May 9 but it does not yet show as being available.

Would you have any idea how long it takes before a domain name become available? Do I just keep trying or is there anyway you folks can keep your eye on it for me?

Offline Doteasy

• Administrator
    • Doteasy Technology Inc.
Re: Domain just expired from other registry, I want it~!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:25:38 PM »
Normally when a registered domain name gets expired. They will go through four phrases.

The first phrase is called "grace period" - Which the registrar will still holds the domain name, so that the owner could renew without additional cost.

The second phrase is called "redemption period" - Which registrar will give up the domain name and return it to the registry, so registry owns the domain name in this period. (owner could still renew but very expansive)

The third phrase is called  "pending delete" - no longer renewable but will be available to the public within 10 days.

Total process take around 80-85 days from expired to available to the public.

You could request a back order process after 60 days from the expiration date of that domain name. We will continuously keep and eye on the domain name. As soon as the domain name becomes available to the public, we will get it for you.

This back order process is free, but we have to charge you one year renewal fee inorder to do this process.(please note your one year term will begin the day we have your domain name)

If you would like to do this back order process, please let us know.