Author Topic: [SOLVED] Missing something?  (Read 14335 times)

Offline ktsamis

[SOLVED] Missing something?
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:13:54 AM »
We originally had a site that was hosted by someone who had a few websites that she controlled and updated for us. We now want to do it ourselves. The registration and domain now are all owned by us. When I sign in to the site to add some new pics, I don't get the option to edit the existing page. Do I need  a new host now? Tried to go into website creator but it just brings me to develop a new site but not edit the existing one.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:35:44 PM by Doteasy Marketing »

Offline bpineda

• Hosting Package: Unlimited Hosting
Re: Missing something?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:48:56 AM »
Was your original site built using the Doteasy website creator? It sounds like your old website admin developed the site using a different program.

If you original site was not built using the Doteasy website creator you cannot edit it using this tool. You are pretty much stuck with editing the existing site with a text editor or your own website building program. You can also choose to re-create the site using their website creator which will allow you to make any changes through their tool. This will require you to build the website from scratch but it might be easier for you in the long term.

On a side note, to confirm who your current hosting service provider is, you can do a WHOIS lookup for your domain name. Type in google search "yourdomainname.com" WHOIS and it should come up with your domain WHOIS information.

For any specific questions, you might also want to contact Doteasy support.

Offline Bookiglove

• ibcbet
Re: [SOLVED] Missing something?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »
I have a feeling same you.