Author Topic: Nothing shows after uploading stuffs into the server  (Read 13956 times)

Offline voss

Nothing shows after uploading stuffs into the server
« on: December 25, 2010, 12:01:02 AM »
Hey there... am hoping someone here can get me some hits...

Does anybody here with Doteasy has publishing website problems? I have uploaded my stuffs into the FTP, none of my contents show up but a Doteasy website?

For sure it's not my coding or website's problem...it shows up fine on my server.

any input will be appreciated guys...

thanks.

Offline kennettkwok

• Hosting Package: $0 Hosting Service
Re: Nothing shows after uploading stuffs into the server
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 02:51:16 AM »
What kind of hosting do you have? Do you have the $0 Hosting or the paid ultra/unlimited hosting services?
If you are on the $0 Hosting, make sure all your website files are under the root folder, /

That means that as soon as you log into your FTP, you will want to upload your files there.

If you are under paid hosting, make sure to go to  /var/www/html folder before you start uploading things. That means that when you log into your FTP, go to /var folder, then find and go to /www folder, and then to /html folder. Here, you can upload your files.

Make sure that your HOMEPAGE is index.html. That is the first webpage that the computers look for.

Reference:
https://kb.doteasy.com/questions/284/I+have+uploaded+my+files,+but+I+still+get+an+%22Under+Construction%22+page%3F

Offline voss

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »
I'm just on the free basic. I did upload all those into the root as you described. however, I don't see my site still. however, from the root folder, I saw some other folders there as well. ...such as public_ftp, public_html, mail, etc...etc... are they suppose to be there? can I delete them?

Hope you may help me..thanks..

Offline Doteasy

• Administrator
    • Doteasy Technology Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »
If you are using our cpanel hosting server, your root directory should be /public_html/.