Author Topic: SmartMail  (Read 11923 times)

Offline jzelle

SmartMail
« on: August 05, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »
Is there a fee involved if I want to migrate to SmartMail from HordeMail? Will I lose all my emails if I switch?

Offline DoteasySupportAL

Re: SmartMail
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:00:01 PM »
Hello jzelle,

There is no fee for migrating to SmartMail from cPanel Horde, provided your account is on a cPanel server. Yes, you will lose all old emails on the mail server, so you should backup any emails you wish to keep. You would need to recreate the email accounts on the Smartmail interface.

Also, keep in mind that you *may* need to update server settings for your email clients like outlook.

If you are interested in switching, you can contact our support department about it.

Offline Hilarium

• Hosting Package: unlimited
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
how come some of my accs are horde and some are the smartmail??? is it depending on the plan i have? basic hosting or ultra hosting??

Offline Ghados

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 11:13:27 PM »
how come some of my accs are horde and some are the smartmail??? is it depending on the plan i have? basic hosting or ultra hosting??

i think it depends more on when the account was created.  if you have an account that was registered a while ago, it may still use smartmail for email

for any new and recent accounts, the email will be on cpanel with horde

Offline jyaniv

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »
I REALLY like Smartmail. I wish it were Roundcube, that interface is beautiful!

Offline manbearpig

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:13:22 PM »
i dont like the look of horde myself and use outlook instead. it pops everything and doesnt leave messages behind so i dont have to worry about emails storage going over limit