Author Topic: Outlook and iPhone issue  (Read 19277 times)

Offline bubbaspaarx

Outlook and iPhone issue
« on: July 11, 2011, 10:31:31 AM »
Hi there,

I recently set up  my brothers doteasy emails to go to his iphone and outlook. only problem is that new emails will go to whichever device (outlook or the iphone) pick it up first.

We also noticed that there are now no emails on his doteasy account online. This is probably the issue. Is there anyway of keeping the emails on doteasy so both devices can get the emails or a simpler way of using Outlook and the iphone at the same time?

Many thanks

DotEasyTechK

Re: Outlook and iPhone issue
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »
Hello,

In both Outlook and the iPhone, there is a setting which will allow you to keep messages on the server so you can still view the message from other locations with different email programs.

For more information for Outlook, you can visit the link below:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/leave-e-mail-messages-on-your-e-mail-server-HA001150793.aspx

For iPhone:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3228

Offline skittles

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 11:00:01 PM »
this has happened to me too!! is there any way to retreive those missing emails?

Offline keenco

• Hosting Package: Unlimited Hosting
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:58:53 PM »
As far as I know, if you the email is not located on the server anymore (i.e. Outlook already downloaded and removed the email off the server), then your iPhone will not be able to get the same copy of the email.

Thus, I always setup my Outlook to leave message on the server at least for 1~2 days so my other email devices can get a copy of the emails too.

Offline Xeis

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 12:00:56 AM »
never knew you could leave emails for a day or two.. i always have it deleted immediately. thx