Author Topic: Can I still recover a domain that has expired?  (Read 234470 times)

Offline Ghados

Can I still recover a domain that has expired?
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »
My .com domain expired a two days ago.  Can I still recover the domain or has my domain been released back to the public?

What does Doteasy do with domains that have expired?

DotEasyTechK

Re: Can I still recover a domain that has expired?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
When a domain registration expires, Doteasy will hold onto the domain for another 30 days to allow the domain owner the opportunity to recover the domain.  After the 30 days, the domain will be released back to the central registry where it will be kept in its redemption period for another 30 days before being released back to the public.

If your domain name has recently expired, you should still be able to renew the domain using the "Renew domain" link under the domain section of your member zone.

If you are no longer able to renew your domain name or it has been more than 30 days since your domain expired, please contact our support team by submitting a case ticket for assistance in recovering the domain:

http://www.doteasy.com/ContactUs/

Offline MelissaDaisy99

• Hosting Package: DSFDGH
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 08:51:22 AM »
After the 30 days, the domain will be released back to the central registry where it will be kept in its redemption period for another 30 days before being released back to the public.

Offline DoteasySupportAT

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »
After the domain expires, the grace period to renew the domain name is actually 40 days.  The domain enters the Redemption Period for 30 days after the grace period ends.

However, expires domains should be renewed as soon as possible if the owner plans to keep it.  It is not wise to wait till the very last day of the grace period.  Domain renewals does take some time to process, so the domain may enter the Redemption Period first before the domain is renewed.

Offline bpineda

• Hosting Package: Unlimited Hosting
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 11:52:45 PM »
id recommend enabling the domain auto renewal feature from the member zone page to avoid letting the domain expire.

Offline davidlschiavone

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 05:02:35 AM »
You could get the expired domain back. But it will little more expensive than usual. I too encountered such a situation. The domain registration services didn’t alerted me on time. At last I decided to drop the domain. Fortunately that domain wasn’t that important for me.

Offline Malcolm589

• Hosting Package: Free
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 04:00:37 PM »
I am not much sure about this process. I guess it can be taken back but may costs heavy charges for this and also loses its value. I am also looking for this information, but still i am not much willing to suggest you to get your expired domain because i am not interested in that.

domain lookup
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:00:00 AM by Malcolm589 »

Offline mariolita

• пощенски кутии
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:31:06 PM by mariolita »